Wednesday 7 January 2009

Wot eva


I see Comrade Beeb are at it again, with this ridiculous 'health' article about Third Hand Smoke.*

I was preparing a comprehensive fisking of this seeing as it is littered with misdirection, lies, and downright shoddy journalism, but I don't think I shall bother.**

I think I'll let this lady comment instead.***



She said, "What a load of old shhhhitt"

* Here is the original research from that font of scientific expertise, some bigoted pharma shill in Massachusetts
** I reserve the right to spank the living daylights out of it in the future though.
*** The irony of this being a BBC creation is not lost on me. In fact, I pinched the pic from their site. Stuff 'em, I helped pay for it.




4 comments:

Mark Wadsworth said...

How many months/years do you give it until they start talking about fourth-hand-smoke? Or until some cretin does a study 'proving' that kids who play with other kids whose parents smoke are at risk from [horrible incurable disease]?

Witterings from Witney said...

The important point, which the BBC and the press who have commented on this have failed to make, is that it was a survey, ie akin to an opinion poll in that it asked for opinions/views.

And someone, ie someone whose diminutive of their christian names (Richard/Edward,) will start quoting this as 'fact'.

Ye Gods!!!

Dick Puddlecote said...

Oi Witney! Careful about dissing the name Dick, OK? ;-)

Witterings from Witney said...

Oops - Sorry Sir! Nothing personal, I assure you.